Within the child lies the fate of the future Dr. Maria Montessori
Conveniently located at 17 Welland Ave. in St. Catharines, our facility and classrooms boast:
- 3 acres of green space and 2 playgrounds
- Bright and inviting classrooms, equipped with a sink and a full range of Montessori materials
- Outdoor Classroom Space
- French Language instruction for all classrooms
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Accredited Montessori Teachers and RECE’s (Registered Early Childhood Educators)
- Extended before / after school care
- Full and part-time spaces (full-time 5-days 3-days, 2-days AND 5 half-days)
- A full gymnasium and theatre stage
- Physical education (ball hockey, basketball, soccer, dodgeball, co-operative games, lacrosse, etc…), visual arts, music and drama
- Nature Study; cultivating an awareness/nurturance of nature and the environment
- Adherence to the philosophy of learning and teaching set forth by Dr. Maria Montessori
- Easy access to local places of interest such as the Farmer’s Market, City Hall, the Performing Arts Center, the Central Library and Hwy406 & the QEW
- Core-French Montessori Elementary Classroom
- Niagara Regional Subsidy (Toddler to Preschool)
- Partial financial-aid available for Grades 1 to 6 (limited)
- Conveniently located at 17 Welland Avenue (as of September 2017)
We recognize the need for schools which equip children to become adults who think outside the box, act independently and react confidently to new situations. A well-rounded Early Childhood and Elementary Education provides the foundation for your child’s future.
What Parents Need to Know About Montessori Education
In the current educational culture that stresses standardization and memorization, Montessori offers a logical alternative: a method that teaches your child to be independent, think critically, and to develop an inner motivation to learn—starting at a very young age.
At BMS, our Accredited Montessori Teachers and RECE’s, provide individualized learning for each student starting at Toddler and Preschool (daycare age), through Kindergarten and the Elementary years. BMS has been providing Niagara Families with exceptional Montessori education, in low-ratio classrooms, since 2008.